Class reunion 2016

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Sheila Ramos


Sheila, center, with daughters
Since leaving TAA, I got married and had two daughters, Tabitha and Casey. I worked in a preschool for awhile and then after 10 years of marriage, I found myself a single parent with two small children.

For the next 30 years, I worked in retail, the last 19 years as manager for Sally Beauty Supply, which I really enjoyed. I won a lot of trips to Cancun, Riverar Maya, two trips on cruise ships to Bahamas on the Royal Caribbean, and went to Catalina Islands and Ensenada on the Carnival Cruise. Really cool.

In June 2014, I had to leave SBS because of my health. I had been living in Yuma and I moved to Williams, Arizona. In April 2015, I was diagnosed with ALS. I’m doing good—I have a slow progression of the disease, considering I had the symptoms for the last five years, which was misdiagnosed. I have my "toys" to help me get around. Great doctor and his team at Barrows Neurological Institute in Phoenix.
 
I plan to be around until at least 90. I wake up every day blessed to be alive. I’ve been married for the last 24 years, and from my daughters we have six granddaughters and one grandson who happens to be the youngest. So I am very truly blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment