Class reunion 2016

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Cyndi (Huber) Wallace


Hello to all!

Lots has happened to me in the last 40 years, as it has to all of us! In 1980, I became a registered nurse, and after working in patient care for many years, started down the path to management/ hospital administration.

I got married very quickly after graduation, and as many of you predicted at the time, the marriage did not last. Charlie Laspe and I divorced in 1996, but not before we had two spectacular children, Joey (now 34) and Alicia (now 31). They are my greatest accomplishment, hands down. Christy Robinson helped nurture their musical abilities by teaching them piano for several years, and they continue their love of music to this day. 

Carol Driver, Cyndi Wallace,
Cindy DeLand, Bonni Polyak,
LeAnn Crawford
Both of my kids were blessed to be raised in close proximity to the kids of some of our graduating class-Mike and Cindy DeLand, Roger and Carol Driver, Bonni (Brown) and Glenn Polyak. My kids consider these kids like siblings, and it was so wonderful to have the support of people I had known since I was 13, as we were trying to maneuver the scary and unknown waters of growing kids to adulthood.

In 1998, I married my second husband, Scott Wallace, and moved to Cedar City, Utah. We had a wonderful life together for 8 years, but he unfortunately passed away in 2007 of a massive heart attack.

In 2006, I became the Chief Nursing Officer at the local hospital here in Cedar City. I am single, and live in a quaint little bungalow built in 1940 with my two dogs, four birds, and who knows how many fish…

Joey is a Nuclear Engineer in the Navy, married and stationed in Albuquerque—no children yet. Alicia is married and lives in Canberra, Australia, with my three grandchildren and son-in-law. She works part time as an educator at the National Zoo and Aquarium. Although I don’t live close to either of them, I see them frequently.  I love to travel, and have been to China, Costa Rica, Alaska, and many other of our states. I go to Australia twice a year as well.

Life is good, and I feel blessed to reach this point in my life. I am looking forward to seeing all of you at the reunion and hearing about your adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment