Class reunion 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

David Cossentine


Hello, everyone!

Where did 40 years go?  After graduation, I taught flying at TAA for two years then moved to Collegedale, TN where I taught flying for another two years.  In 1979 I joined the 76/78 team of married couples when I married Dianne Fraka.  Our first year was spent in Collegedale.  Then, we moved to Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan.  My plan was to earn a degree in aircraft maintenance and qualify for the FAA Airframe and Powerplant mechanic license.

After two years of the worst winters (known as a freezing hell) they’d had in 100 years, and health problems that led to amputation of my right leg, we had to take a second look at life. We decided to move to sunny Sacramento, California and start over.  I was able to attend Sacramento City College where I completed two A.S. degrees: one in Aircraft Maintenance (including FAA licensing) and the other in Electronics Technology. I have spent the last 30+ years making a living repairing electrical/mechanical/computer controlled equipment.

David and Dianne (Fraka) Cossentine
 Dianne and I have been married 36 years.  She worked in administration at The Sacramento Bee newspaper for 22 years and is now working in broadcast production at Amazing Facts ministry.  We have one daughter who is an RN and a supervisor at a psychiatric hospital in Sacramento.  Our grandkids are a horse and a dog.

For fun I enjoy bicycling, swimming, hiking, singing and traveling in a men’s chorus, and working on the Audio and Stage management teams for our church services. We are blessed to be able to broadcast live on the internet, air programs on 3ABN and local TV outlets (visit us at: www.saccentral.org)


No comments:

Post a Comment